Provides administrative and coordination support to all areas of Gateway Construction Services by performing the following duties.
Essential duties and responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned)
Project Manager Meetings:
- Update job list, Bid board and Job board as discussed in Project Manager meetings.
- Distribute client contracts for signature, mail contracts and notify Project Manager upon receipt of executed contract.
- Create contract package upon hire, collect all required documents and renew contract package on a yearly basis.
- Control all payments to subcontractors and check L&I status of subcontractors.
- Create, organize and maintain hardcopy filing systems; orient documents within file upon closure.
- Maintain master file containing all electronic forms.
- Post plan on Builders Exchange and send out plans for printing.
- Call architects for current plans.
- Schedule and invite subcontractors to walk-throughs.
- Collect bids for Project Managers.
Operation & Maintenance Manuals:
- Notify all subcontractors to send Operation & Maintenance Manuals.
- Put together binders with all documents and mail Manual to client upon completion.
New Employee Preparation:
- Assemble employee binders together with the Employee Manual and other administrative aspects of the process.
- Collect all pertinent hiring documents from new employees.
- Check out equipment to new employees.
- Maintain medical and dental enrollment and terminations.
Phones System & Mobile Phone Maintenance:
- Setup and maintain office phones, mobile phones and voicemail.
- Order phone system repair and accessories.
- Update phone extension listings – ensure they are distributed.
- Answer phones throughout the day.
- Maintain inventory of and purchases all office supplies.
- Coordinate office schedule and make appointments.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or experience
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six years related experience supporting senior management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other skills and abilities
Previous experience with event and project coordination. Must show good judgment and initiative in selecting the most effective work methods and tools.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from group of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to manage multiple projects with firm deadlines. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Intermediate to proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Excellent typing, data input, and proof reading skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate as compared to a private office with light traffic and computer printers.